What To Expect
Below are my “top 12” best practices that my clients and I utilize while on the FastBlast program which help make your life easier and consistently lose 1-4 pounds every single week. Whenever you have comments, questions, or feedback; please contact me at annettefastblast.com.
1. Pick any two days per week to FastBlast. They can be consecutive days or a few days apart. Either option is fine, just try to schedule them when you don’t have social functions or other temptations that would cause you to break your fast.
2. Weigh yourself at the exact same time and under the same circumstances. For example: after you exercise, when you first wake up, and wear the same amount of clothing.
3. Keep track of your weight on a daily basis and post it in a visible place where you’ll see it and be motivated by the results. This could be your bathroom wall, fridge, cell phone, post-it note on your computer, etc. Wherever you feel comfortable is where you should post this piece of paper!
4. Drink eight ounces of water mixed with half of an organic lemon first thing in the morning. This is important for helping digestion and this practice has a significant amount of other health benefits. I haven’t noticed a huge difference whether the water is cold, warm, or hot. Whatever works for you!
5. Take FastBlast every 2-3 hours and use a calendar system (I use Google Calendar) to help you remember when to take FastBlast. Personally, I take FastBlast at 7 AM, 10 AM, 1 PM, 3 PM, 5 PM, and 7 PM. I also drink about a gallon of water but recommend that you drink at least 2/3rds (.6666) of your body weight in ounces of water per day. For example: if you weigh 150 pounds, you would drink 100 ounces of water (.6666 * 150).
6. If you feel hungry during your FastBlast day, drink as much water as you’d like to help satiate you or drink some coffee or tea (if you regularly do so, this will help prevent caffeine withdrawal). You can also go for a walk to get your mind off of the temporary hunger pangs. I have found that hunger comes in waves and it will pass in about 30 minutes or so. Don’t give in to temptation!
7. Try to get eight hours of sleep. Personally, I’m in bed by 10:00 PM and am up at 5:00 AM. If you just did the math, maybe I should take my own advice!
8. Don’t work out too strenuously on FastBlast days. Light cardio or a few minutes of high intensity training is advantageous but don’t overexert yourself!
9. I recommend getting a pocket sized journal to document what you eat on the other five days during the week (here are the ones that I get from Amazon: http://bit.ly/pocketjournals).
To be candid, if you go through a FastBlast day and then eat lasagna for breakfast the next morning, obviously it’s going to be much harder to keep weight off. You might think that’s common sense but honesty about what you’re actually consuming is really important here and I’m here to support you.
10. For your overall diet on the other five days, I’m a big supporter of Whole 30, Slow Carb, and the Mediterranean Diet. Our bodies are all different, but if you need suggestions, I would be happy to give them to you. Ultimately, do what works for you, and above all else, avoid processed foods, alcohol, fried foods, processed dairy, and excessive salt and sugar.
11. Don’t forget to celebrate every little victory! Every pound is a step closer to the results and life that you desire. Celebrating doesn’t only pertain to weight either. Maybe it’s being able to fit into a pair of jeans that you haven’t been able to squeeze into for a few years. Or perhaps it’s the feeling of more energy and feeling more motivated. It’s important to remember to slow down, reflect, and celebrate every single day!
12. Remember why you’re setting out to be healthier and happier. I have found that the more profound your reason is, the more likely you are to succeed.
Examples include, “Becoming the healthier and better version of myself so that I have energy to play with my children” or “To serve as living proof to my brother that he can lose that stubborn weight and become healthier and happier.” Whatever your deeper “why” is, make sure that you document it in your journal and your weight sheet to serve as a constant reminder.
Again, whenever you would like to talk about nutrition, exercise or holistic wellness; please email me at annettefastblast.com. I’m wishing you all the best and I can’t wait to hear about your results. Talk to you soon!